A summary is an abbreviated version of a text. This technique is very useful since it helps distinguish what are the important concepts. A good summary must have a careful composition, in which the topic is exposed in an organized manner and ideas must relate to one another.
A good method is to write a summary by noting down all the highlighted ideas, in the order they appear on the text. It is convenient to write each idea on a line and use different colors for each. This helps simplify the meaning of the words hardest to understand.
HOW TO PREPARE FOR AN EXAM?
Studying for an exam requires time. It is necessary to start studying two to three days prior the date of the exam.
These are some of the steps that may help study in a better manner:
· Making a list of all the topics you need to cover for the exam.
· Check if all the material is there, so you have enough time to look for what is missing.
· Divide the topics into three or four parts, and study one of these each day.
· Read all the topics, and mark what you don’t fully understand so you may ask the teacher about it.
· Work with the highlighted information and the schemes you came up with, so you may strengthen the contents and your memorization.
· Read out loud all that you retained regarding this topic. It may be useful if someone hears or records you, so you may listen to what you said and correct if there are errors, this exercise may also help you revise.
WHAT TO DO DURING AN EXAM?
· Having a positive attitude: “It will go well!”, “if I focus and think, I will be able to answer all the question”…
· Having a list of all the possible questions and consult them with the teacher.
· Answer all the questions that are easiest to you.
· Don’t stop if you can’t remember something. Just keep working on the following steps; you’ll be able to come back to this point later.
· Go through all the answers before submitting your evaluation.